With over 25 years experience, Promeal is the largest wet pet food manufacturer in South Africa.
We provide honest information and wholesome products to better the lives of pets, and the people who love them.
Full in house manufacture of wet cat and dog pet food to high quality standards.
Fully BRC accredited, Promeal manufactures for Local and international markets.
.Promeal is the No.1 manufacture by volume in South Africa.
A superior pet deserves a superior pet food. It is scientifically formulated and tested by nutritionists.
ONLY THE BEST WILL DO
We strive to improve the quality of pet food because we believe that our pets deserve only the very best. We’re ahead of the pack when it comes to innovation and sustainability.
IT’S WHAT WE PUT IN THAT MATTERS
A trusted network of farmers, producers and suppliers supply the factory with a consistent source of good quality meats and veggies.
We strive to craft leading pet food products that encourage healthier and more active lives for pets and their proud owners. We are driven to find new and relevant innovations that will make us leaders of the pet food pack.
As a wholesome, down to earth business, we are committed to responsible and sustainable practices that will grow our company and the people of Promeal.
In July 2015 Promeal achieved the British Retail Consortium (BRC) Global Standard for Food Safety Certification.
This recognition is one illustration of how we are devoted to ensuring top class processes, practices and standards in order to produce only the best for our furry friends.
A TRACK RECORD OF TRUST
With over 25 years experience, Promeal is the largest wet pet food manufacturer in South Africa. We provide honest information and wholesome products to better the lives of pets, and the people who love them.
Certified by the BRC.
Innovation & Technology
At Promeal we’re constantly innovating to provide a consistently affordable, high quality wet pet food product.
- Full recipe development using complete and complimentary formulations based on nutritional science
- Life stage and conditions
- In house project management for new products, packaging, formats and formulations
- Carefully controlled cooking process to maintain maximum nutrition
- Highly advanced European processing equipment
- Multi format: Cans (375g to 820g) and pouches (85g, 150g)
Happy partners mean happy pets
We’re passionate about partnerships. Our track record of producing high-quality pet nutrition for both our customers and our clients (House Brand and Private Label owners) has led to our collective belief in executing with excellence and passion. We believe in fostering win-win solutions for our consumers and clients with the mutual goal of happy and healthy pets.
From high safety standards to guaranteed nutritional benefits, we provide customers with honest information and wholesome products to better the lives of pets and the people who love them.
This recognition shows a great level of competence in critical areas including HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), hygiene, factory environment standards as well as food safety and quality management systems and is one illustration of how we are devoted to ensuring top class processes, practices and standards in order to produce only the best quality pet food for our customers – and their pets.
Putting our best in means doing the best we can for our partners as well. We work closely with farmers, producers and suppliers as well as retailers to ensure the highest quality product – and the closest relationships:
- Expert cross functional teams
- Brand and portfolio strategy development
- Benchmarking / feeding trials
- Packaging solutions
- Distribution optimisation
- Food safety accreditation
- Optimal manufacturing for affordable pricing
- Promotional insights, design creation
- End-to-end development
Caring for animals means caring for our planet
Sustainability and environmental responsibility are of critical importance to us. We are continually assessing and improving our systems to reduce our impact on the planet. Our current initiatives include:
- Recycling waste
- Reducing our energy footprint through the installation of solar panels
- Installing a water treatment facility to recycle water and increasing our use of sustainable water sources, reducing our impact on municipal water supplies.
- Steadily increasing the use of recyclable packaging materials